Thursday, November 22, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Soda from Maineroot



Today I've reviewed the Pumpkin Pie Soda from Maineroot, a Maine based beverage company that specializes in handcrafted sodas and lemonades. When I saw this, I was really excited to try it, but with all of the pumpkin flavored foods and drinks out during this season, did it impress with its promise of pumpkin pie flavor?

Well, sort of.

My post-video rating:

Product: Maineroot's Pumpkin Pie Soda
Ingredients: Simple, clean ingredients, with filtered water, cane juice, and spice. This beverage is caffeine free.
Price: I paid about $1.70 for one bottle, which is reasonable for a specialty beverage (compare to a plain cup of medium coffee at corporate coffee chains), though after tasting the beverage I did come to think that it should be priced lower.
Taste: While this soda has a distinct flavor of spices such as nutmeg, cinnamon, and a hint of clove, the flavor overall is light, and I found it slightly lacking. There was no flavor of pumpkin that I could personally detect, and while it was a very good spiced soda, it didn't fully deliver the pumpkin pie promise.
Rating: Three out of five stars. It is in fact a good soda, refreshing and with a nice flavor. Had it been named as simply an autumn spice soda rather than pumpkin pie, I could have rated it higher.

If you are interested in either the pumpkin pie soda, or any of Maineroot's soda flavors which I mentioned in the video, including blueberry or sarsaparilla, you can learn more about them at Maineroot's website:
http://maineroot.com/

Thanks for watching, and I can't wait to share my next snack with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment